Monday, October 27, 2008

20 Minutes of Hatred


I went to the mall. And as per my instructions I hated it. Maybe it's the recycled air, or the overzealous employees, or seeing people in brand new fits with arm loads of bags filled with even newer digs, or maybe, just maybe, it's the ridiculousness of those over-sized cookies with greetings piped in icing on them. Whatever it is, the mall is a strange place. Don't get me wrong, I like new stuff as much as the next consumer, but there comes a point where its ridiculous. I know a handful of people that make some of their clothes by hand, and that shit is way cooler than anything you'll find at the mall. 300 dollars worth of ed hardy gear seems like a waste of money to me, especially when you're already rocking at least that much in other designer ish. For the video portion of this assignment I'm going to invent absurd caricatures of some of the people I saw while I was there. Then these mall rats (played by me) will have some equally absurd conversation. Should be fun.

No comments: